Lago Maggiore | Summer 2021
One week at Lago Maggiore in Northern Italy. Vici is one of my closest friends and best travel buddies. Middle of August we spontaneously decided to spend a week in Italy end of the month. We chose Lago Maggiore since we planned to hike and be near the water, but didn’t want to drive too far.
We stayed in a small village, Invorio, a bit away from the lake. However it was a good choice since the places around the lake were super crowded whereas we were almost the only tourists in Invorio. By car it took us no longer than 20min to get down to the lake.
Our usual wake up time was quite early every day. Breakfast with fresh fruits & espresso and off we went. We selected different routes to hike and would usually come back to the lake in the afternoon, sleep in the sun, go for a quick dip and home for dinner. The weather was really nice, warm & sunny. The day we drove back home, we decided to stop in Graubünden in Switzerland for a smaller hike. Overall an amazing week in best company!
Those were the hikes we did:
– from Stresa on Monte Mottarone (24km)
– around Lago d’Orta with espresso stop in San Giulio (18km)
– from Rovegro through Val Grande National park (17km)
– from Baveno on Monte Camoscio & Monte Zughero (15km)
– on the way back a loop in Rongellen, Graubünden in Switzerland (8km)